GaiaOnline

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

GaiaOnline

Postby Spock » Thu 2005 Feb 17 4:40

I was induced to look at a new site by one of the younger members of the gaming clan I belong to and thought I would share some information on it with those members of my forum who have their own children and grand-children.

I started a post asking about Spreading the word? and got some good suggestions on places to send people who may be interested.

I would highly recommend parents/grandparents read through the entire topic before they allow their younger children to roam free there. The site is rated PG-13 but there are some children much younger there (or at least they claim a younger age.)

I will probably introduce this to my grandchildren, oh wait, I already have ... both my daughters are members of this forum, so they will be able to read this for themselves. [beg]

Just be forewarned, there are some areas you may not feel comfortable about but I feel children need an area where they feel free to ask anything they want and have a reasonable expectation of getting a good answer.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Uhura » Sun 2005 Feb 20 12:53

Hopefully there will be a good enough relationship in place that my kids can come to me with ANYTHING and it will be A OK. Surfing the web for answers is OK too as long as it is in a safe environment...some of the questions they may be asking might attract all kinds of people...I want my kids to be informed but I also want them to be SAFE.
Sometimes you feel like a nut
Uhura
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Discussions