Netware 6.5

What allows your stand-alone computers (and certain other hardware) to "talk" to each other.

Moderator: Software Moderators

Netware 6.5

Postby cmptch » Wed 2006 Jun 21 7:17

So for 4 days our company(a two man operation) has been troubleshooting a new netware installation.
We were running the basic Netware installation with Symantec Antivirus and Symantec Backup exec. No problems with either except the backup exec Java console wouldn't run.
We got on the phone with an engineer from Symantec on the first day(with a $5,000 support contract you get excellent support) and he set up a lab server.

After 4 days and 2 installations, we found that the problem was NWNATIVE.NLM was missing...go figure!
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby Spock » Wed 2006 Jun 21 11:55

Fascinating. I had no idea that Norton ran on Novell NetWare installations also!

Do I know much about NetWare? Not really. I had it installed at one time but found the updates too numerous, the Mods too confusing, and the possibilities of problems too much for me to get into it very far.

I think I may even have a standard boot routine for Novell somewhere in my backups and a list of what all the modules did at the time I was working with it.

Then, of course, I got into Microsoft Networking ... :doh:
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby cmptch » Thu 2006 Jun 22 12:07

Ah yes, Microsoft networking. It's easier to use, and easier to blow up!
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby cmptch » Thu 2006 Jun 22 12:19

Oh yeah, it's not Norton Antivirus, It's Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition. It's actually very different from Norton.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Return to Servers