Ratcliff, Damon

This forum is for those of us who wish to post our memories of those close to us who have already passed on or are close to leaving us. Please read the Announcement before posting.

Note: I still need to transfer some of the posts from the old forum into this one.

Moderator: Spock

Forum rules
Please post only memories in a named topic. If you want to post Condolences please use a named Condolences topic.

Ratcliff, Damon

Postby Spock » Wed 2006 Apr 19 7:44

Damon was one of my better students. He always had a cheerful attitude and was sometimes boistrous but never discourteous. He was interested in learning as much as he could, so graduated from my Computer Basics, Intermediate Computers, the Basic HTML, and Computer Tech courses and went on to graduate this last December from a computer course offered by the Maryland Job Corporation.

While in the Intermediate Course, he created a page that I still host on my site here. He helped create not only the Class common page but also created his own personal page.

While in the Basic HTML course, he created his own website totally free of this one. My only regret is that I have no way to maintain it for him so others can see the last thing he created here.

I just tonight found out that Damon passed away from Congestive Heart Failure in his sleep sometime in late March this year.

Hopefully some of his family will come in and let us know more, not only how he died but how he lived so we can all remember him better.

May he rest in peace.

PLEASE, only post remembrances in this topic, no condolences. If you wish to post condolences, please make a separate topic just for that.
Last edited by Spock on Sun 2006 May 28 6:55, edited 1 time in total.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Ratcliff, Damon

Postby Saber » Fri 2006 Apr 21 12:44

That's sad to hear. For the short time I knew him, he sure was giving it his best regardless of his circumstances. He use to always kid around w/ me and give me a hard time, but we always got a good laugh out of it. He was a big lovable fellow and had a great sense of humor! God rest his soul.
Seeker of Wisdom & Computer Knowledge :hypno:
Saber
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Return to In Memory of ...