Common Sense

This forum is for those of us who wish to post our memories of those close to us who have already passed on or are close to leaving us. Please read the Announcement before posting.

Note: I still need to transfer some of the posts from the old forum into this one.

Moderator: Spock

Forum rules
Please post only memories in a named topic. If you want to post Condolences please use a named Condolences topic.

Common Sense

Postby Spock » Wed 2006 Jun 14 2:05

Received via Email from my cousin, Patricia Karper. This will be one of the few topics in here open to general comment. ;)

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense.

Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. - Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on; if not, join the majority and do nothing.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby cmptch » Wed 2006 Jun 14 6:12

The passing of Mr. Sense is a sad day, however, we must look to the future ahead of us, and remember what he has taught us.
ref: http://pctalk.info/images/InMemory/AlmostHitByCar.wmv Size: 877kb Format: WMV

[I have replaced the original link with one on this site as the original site had links to what appeared to be unacceptable material - Spock]
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby punkin8tor » Thu 2006 Jun 15 8:01

Wow! that was some video. It is amazing that the guy would be standing in that area in the first place!
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I'm not so sure about the former." Albert Einstein.
punkin8tor
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to In Memory of ...