Andrew Robert sandy, Condolances

This forum is for those of us who wish to post our memories of those close to us who have already passed on or are close to leaving us. Please read the Announcement before posting.

Note: I still need to transfer some of the posts from the old forum into this one.

Moderator: Spock

Forum rules
Please post only memories in a named topic. If you want to post Condolences please use a named Condolences topic.

Andrew Robert sandy, Condolances

Postby Spock » Sat 2006 Jun 17 1:01

I lost many friends during the Viet Nam years but have, until now, not lost a family member. Neither you nor your mother will ever forget but time will help to blur the pain.

It has been almost 40 years now and I still have the occasional nightmare but it is much more bearable than it used to be. Allow me to offer my condolences and the possible hope that, as long as you continue to live, there is hope for improvement.

Originally Posted: 2004-08-12, 10:00 am
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Coping With Pain, Originally Posted: 2004-08-12, 9:01 pm

Postby pluto » Sat 2006 Jun 17 1:07

I have lost both parents, a brother, we were like twins, also a son.
As a Navy vet and ex-firefighter I have various degrees and levels of experimenting with death. It's never easy. After a stay in a VA hospital, where I was hospitalized with combat-wounded vets, lost of lives, and the destruction of families was an everyday occurrence.

It's easier said than done, ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE . You and your family must hang-tough if you hope to overcome your situation.

I have taken some families to VA-hospitals and met other families whom have experienced similar traumas. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's always worth a try, and praying helps also.
pluto

Originally Posted: 2004-08-17, 6:59 pm

Postby Spock » Sat 2006 Jun 17 1:09

btuckerx2 wrote:Keep your head up Carpenter87. You are now able to accept that things on Earth aren't forever and you will see him (Andrew) again. Don't look at things and wonder why, but dream new ideas and say "Why Not." i say that because in life, whether positive or negative, it is a lesson to be learned.

Peace,
Btucker
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to In Memory of ...