Vining, Billie June Landry

This forum is for those of us who wish to post our memories of those close to us who have already passed on or are close to leaving us. Please read the Announcement before posting.

Note: I still need to transfer some of the posts from the old forum into this one.

Moderator: Spock

Forum rules
Please post only memories in a named topic. If you want to post Condolences please use a named Condolences topic.

Vining, Billie June

Postby Spock » Thu 2006 Mar 16 2:54

I just got a phone call a little while ago (~0120, 16 March 2006) that my mother had been rushed to the hospital after an apparent heart attack. It is the wrong time of the morning to be calling to find out about what happened and what is going to happen, so I thought I would start a "remember" page for her as I did for my father. I just hope she leaves the hospital in good enough condition that she can read this herself. If GOD is willing, she will last a good number of years more with a clear mind and at least semi-active body as well. :|

I have one request of any who would post in this topic, PLEASE, only post remembrances of my mother, no condolences. If you wish to post condolences, please make a separate topic just for that.

If any of you know me, you know I have an odd sense of humor. I am positive my mother is to blame. ;)

She and Dad came to visit us once while we were living here and, as we were driving up the main road for our housing development, a rabbit darted out of the high grass on the right of the road and ran right in front of our car. Mom was in the front passenger seat and saw the entire thing and was well aware of why I had braked so hard so suddenly. I managed to miss the rabbit that continued running until it was out of sight on the other side of the road. Her immediate, unrehearsed response?

"Saved by a hare!"

[Added]
Billie June Landry-Vining died around 1135, 24 September 2006.

Together at last.
Last edited by Spock on Tue 2006 Oct 03 4:23, edited 3 times in total.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Spock » Sat 2006 May 27 1:44

Mom had a major stroke yesterday between 1210 and 1230. She is currently in Shands Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida. The day before I was showing her a photo on a photography forum that consisted of multiple images of the moon in ever decreasing sizes.

Her comment? "Many moons ago ..."

I hope she recovers.

[Added]
I never did get a chance to show her this topic or the one in the other forum for Dad. :(
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Mom's sense of humor

Postby GingerSnap » Sun 2006 May 28 10:52

Hi,
My mother in law's sense of humor could be absolutely priceless. On one occasion, Spock and his Dad were having a discussion about which of them was going to do the dishes. She rolled her eyes, and said, "I don't know what I did wrong, but I have a son who won't wash, and a husband who won't wipe!"
GingerSnap
Forum Admin's Boss!
Forum Admin's Boss!

Postby Spock » Sun 2006 May 28 11:49

Groan! You just had to air the families dirty dishes didn't you!? :lol:
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Dude » Tue 2006 Aug 22 12:30

I remember when I was very small g-gpa gave me a rubber band gun and g-gma shot it. Then they took us to an alligator farm and I remember her playing games with me.

When I visited her a second time I remember her explaining and arguing about the computer in her house. That's about it for now.
" Outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend; inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Dude

Vining, Billie June Landry

Postby punkin8tor » Sun 2006 Sep 24 2:18

Grandma passed away this morning at 11:35am. She went peacefully although unexpectedly.

She will be missed. I am thankful that she passed on her sense of humor to her family... even to the 4th generation! (my son!) Spock is there now dealing w/ all of the details. My thoughts and prayers are with him during this time.
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I'm not so sure about the former." Albert Einstein.
punkin8tor
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Hootowl57 » Fri 2006 Oct 13 9:12

Spock,
We remember June well, as newly-weds in 1959. When my new wife and I arrived at NAS Sanford, she joined the VAH-9 Wive's Club. June was a vibrant person who took her under her wing, as a new Navy wife, while I shipped out to the Med.
And we always enjoyed visiting Chuck & June during our recent winter trips to Florida. They always looked forward to our visits and June cooked enough food to feed the "chow line."
Nice people-good family-great friends.
John A
Hootowl57

Return to In Memory of ...