A useful resource for running process identification...

Malware, for "malicious software," is any program or file that is harmful to a computer user.

A useful resource for running process identification...

Postby Blueblack » Mon 2005 Aug 08 4:49

I found this site called processid.com (http://www.processid.com). It got a list of thousands of process names and their descriptions. So next time you cant figure out what is that process that runs on your machine and catches 99% of your CPU, use this site.

Cheers,
BlueBlack
Blueblack

Re: A useful resource for running process identification...

Postby Saber » Tue 2005 Aug 16 6:39

blueblack wrote:I found this site called processid.com ...

Anybody else familiar w/ that site? Is the process list just a list of legitimate process names? So if you do search and it comes up your okay? How do you verify that it's a reliable honest sight before you download any of their freeware, or can you? It seems to me you would want to be really cautious about downloads their offering? Any and all opinions welcome.
Seeker of Wisdom & Computer Knowledge :hypno:
Saber
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Aug 17 11:37

I tend to base my trust for a site on how they treat me from the time I login until after I leave. I also tend to trust referrals more than something I've found during a cold search.

You could also do a google search on "processid.com" to see if you find anyone complaining about the site.

The above are general ideas about how you would determine whether or not to trust a website. I have no personal experience with processid.com yet to base any recommendation on.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Malware