To kill a Spyware

Malware, for "malicious software," is any program or file that is harmful to a computer user.

To kill a Spyware

Postby Lotussy » Wed 2005 Oct 12 8:08

Hi everybody,i have checked the web for a free anti-spyware and good ones like spydoctor,spy-eliminator are not for free.Then there is this counter-spy and another spy-sweeper but only for only 15 days trial.i have also checked the security link here, could someone kindly pls help?Thanks :)
Lotussy

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Oct 12 10:42

Have you read my NOTICE about the recent problems I had with spyware?

There is a link to the Spywareinfo website where the step-by-step proceedure is discussed that helped me to remove my spyware. If you follow a similar routine, you should be able to get rid of anything you may have picked up.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Lotussy » Wed 2005 Oct 12 2:11

Yes,i noticed and read abt your predicament after catching that spyware myself here :? and i got rid of it with one of those 15 days trial anti-spyware software 8-) Hmmm....actually i was hoping to get a decent anti-spyware for free but looks like the nicer ones are not :( ..........So should u come across a good one,kindly pls let me know :) Thank u Mr.Spock
Lotussy

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Oct 12 8:34

I use Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware, both of which are free.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Ben Last » Thu 2005 Oct 13 7:23

Is Spybot S&D a realtime scanner, or just a scan on demand like the free Ad-Aware?
No trees were harmed in the construction of this message, however many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Ben Last
Consulting Ambassador
Consulting Ambassador

Postby Spock » Fri 2005 Oct 14 1:35

Spybot S&D is both a scan on demand and a resident agent, depending on how it's set up.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Malware