LCD Projector

Discussion of anything external to the main system case as well as those bits and pieces that are so often added after a system is purchased.

Moderator: Hardware Moderators

LCD Projector

Postby BTuckerx2 » Sat 2005 Apr 02 1:54

Grace and Peace Everyone...

It would seem that I am interested in finding a good quality LCD projector for a laptop to do Powerpoint Presentations. Anyone know of any that aren't "high end" priced? Ideally... a used projector could be the answer.

Peace,
Btucker
It is easier to mend children than fix broken men...
BTuckerx2
Posting Member
Posting Member

Postby Spock » Sat 2005 Apr 02 4:17

Have you tried looking in Price Watch?
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby skt » Wed 2005 Apr 06 6:11

Yes, I'm interested as well. How does that work from laptop to projector to screen on wall, for a large audience? I do a presentation 5 times a year and this would be ideal for me.
sandie
skt

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Apr 06 12:00

You plug the projector into an appropriate port on the computer, turn both on and, typically, whatever is displayed on your main display is also shown through the projector. Aim it at a wall and there is your screen ... on the wall.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby skt » Wed 2005 Apr 06 2:01

Thanks, sounds great for my needs, no screen, yeah! Very hard to set up a screen on quick notice and rooms I have not been to before. I'm going to do the google now for my projector. This idea could also be used in our activity center to show movies in fact as well as the photos, the kids here love to see themselves [;)]

Will let you know what I decide on, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open.
sandie
skt

Postby Ben Last » Wed 2005 Jun 15 8:19

When looking for projectors, you need to keep in mind a few things:

The display resolution, higher the better - this is the amount of detail or quality of the picture.

The brightness of the display - as in a well lit room with a dim projector it can be hard to make out/ read the display.

..although for most purposes you would want I would imagine most projectors would be suitable.

[Duplicate post deleted - Spock]
No trees were harmed in the construction of this message, however many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Ben Last
Consulting Ambassador
Consulting Ambassador

Postby skt » Thu 2005 Jun 16 12:09

Yes, thanks Ben for the info, I'm on my way to Ohio in 2 weeks and will probably make a purchase then, they are very expensive, into the thousands of dollars if you get a good one, I need to put more thought into this.
sandie
skt

Postby Spock » Thu 2005 Jun 16 7:55

Have you looked into PriceGrabber.com?

I searched for "projector" and got this which may help a little.

If you do decide to order, it would probably be best to make your choice and order now so it has a chance of being at your U.S. address when you get there. Most companies will not ship overseas.

The list I sent is sorted by rating and the top rated projector is an LCD model for less than $900. There are links near the top on the right for "Sort by price" and "Sort by popularity" as well.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby skt » Thu 2005 Jun 16 8:42

Hi Spock, yes I received many good replys from that site and have narrowed it down to a man in Georgia, he is waiting for me to decide and is ready to ship to my Ohio address, I will be there for 5 weeks. Thanks for your help will tell you how I got on.
sandie
skt

Return to Peripherals