1st Page 2000 Links

General discussion on how to create or maintain a website. Different site creation tools and editors may also be discussed here.

1st Page 2000 Links

Postby Spock » Sun 2005 Mar 27 1:54

I have added some links to assist new users in installing and using the freeware HTML editor 1stPage 2000. They are located on the Links\Educational page under Tutorials.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Spock » Tue 2006 Jan 10 11:52

Ref: http://www.evrsoft.com/

1st Page 2006 is now available as a pre-release Beta. I have been using 1st Page 2000 for years and wouldn't want to program without it and 1st Page 2006 is also going to be free.

If you write code, in particular HTML, you might find this program useful. I know I do. :)
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby cmptch » Sat 2006 Jun 24 10:28

lurking through all the old posts today and came accross this. Have I that my T.V. only gets one channel? That's O.K. since I am a computer junkie.

When I actually knew HTML and Javascript, I programmed in notepad. I drew the layout on paper based on what I wrote in 800x600 format.

Today there's so much stuff out there like CMS and WYSIWYG that you basically don't have to know a line of html to develop a nice site. I myself am trying to learn PHP right now to build web applications, more specifically to build a custom Forum for my family website.

For those new students trying to learn:
CMS --> Content Management System
WYSIWYG --> What you see is what you get.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby Spock » Sun 2006 Jun 25 12:18

The 2006 Beta still doesn't work right, they were making changes to the code, uploading it for use, and not changing the version number. When we started complaining about it, they shut down the support forum. Currently there is no way to pay for the "Beta" and no way to remove the nag screens. }:-<

I will personally continue using FP200 as it's free, is not WYSIWYG, and works.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Web Development