Website Advertising

General discussion on how to create or maintain a website. Different site creation tools and editors may also be discussed here.

Website Advertising

Postby Icy » Thu 2005 Mar 31 9:53

What is the best and most cost efficient way to advertise a new website?
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Re: Website Advertising

Postby Spock » Thu 2005 Mar 31 3:26

icy wrote:What is the best and most cost efficient way to advertise a new website?

That question can best be answered at the Search Engine Forums.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Icy » Fri 2005 Apr 01 12:41

Thanks for the link Spock. Looks like I have more homework to do.
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Tarmithius » Fri 2005 Apr 29 6:25

Unless you have a lot of money to spend on advertising, I would recommend word of mouth and link backs.

If you go to each Search engine they have links to submit your site to them, but that is iffy at best, sometimes they decide not to crawl your site based on keywords and content.

I found that by using google ads increased my chances of getting google to crawl faster. The ads are targeting specific keywords on my page and then that information is shared amoung the other google spiders.

The last thing for search engine submissions is time. Sometimes you just have to keep going and wait for the site to get recognized.
Tarmithius
Posting Member
Posting Member

Postby Icy » Fri 2005 Apr 29 11:00

I'm not going to put much money into this project. It is more of a hobby than anything else. I'll look into link backs. Dale my web designer suggested I post 1 item on eBay with a link to my site.

Thank you for the information tarmithius.
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Tarmithius » Fri 2005 Apr 29 11:08

A link on Ebay would help.

What kind of site is it? I could post a link on my site for you, no reciprocation needed either. Also another thing to do is use it in a signature as a simple link in the forums that you post in.
Tarmithius
Posting Member
Posting Member

Postby Icy » Fri 2005 Apr 29 11:19

You can view a little bit about it here . I have been playing this game for 2 years and have collected a lot of armor, ect, I can sale. Believe it or not there is a market for it.
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Tarmithius » Fri 2005 Apr 29 11:27

My suggestion would be to find other forums or the like that deal with that game and post messages on there, possibly linking back to your site. Point the site out to a few people once you get it done.

My second suggestion is to stay away from link farms which is how a lot of people try to get their site listed on search engines. A lot of search companies are now penalizing for those sites.

If you do not know what a link farm is you can read about it here: Webopedia: Link Farming
Tarmithius
Posting Member
Posting Member

Return to Web Development