hi my name is babyj2k5

General discussion on how to create or maintain a website. Different site creation tools and editors may also be discussed here.

Postby Babyj2k5 » Tue 2005 Jul 12 10:13

hi my name is babyj2k5 what do i have to do to get a website and what kind of business do i have to have
Babyj2k5

Postby Spock » Tue 2005 Jul 12 5:05

babyj2k5 wrote:hi my name is babyj2k5 what do i have to do to get a website

Get an ISP so you have Internet access, pay for web hosting, and upload your website code.

babyj2k5 wrote:and what kind of business do i have to have

Any kind you want. [;)]
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Babyj2k5 » Wed 2005 Jul 13 10:10

what do web hosting mean and do i have to be a sear ten age to do get a web site
Babyj2k5

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Jul 13 10:53

babyj2k5 wrote:what do web hosting mean and

A web hosting company has many computers which it uses to hold other peoples websites. They also have direct access to the Internet.

You pay them to store or "host" your website and they connect it to the Internet for you. I pay about $100 a year to iPowerweb.net to host PCTalk.info so I don't have to pay even more for a dedicated connection to the Internet.

babyj2k5 wrote:do i have to be a sear ten age to do get a web site

What is a "sear ten age"? Ah, certain age! [:)]

No, anyone can create a website. Even if you do not have the money to get it hosted, you can write the code for a website and run it on your own computer to see how it would look.

In fact, that is what I do with my website, PCTalk.info, I have a full copy of the code on my local system. Whenever I make changes, I can run it on my computer to see how the changes look before I upload them to the host for display over the Internet.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Web Development