Flash Drive Driver

Discussions on Software that do not yet fit into any of the current Software fora.

Moderator: Software Moderators

Flash Drive Driver

Postby Lester » Mon 2005 Jul 04 4:17

Flash drive PNY tells me an error occured when I downloaded the driver and that it is not a Doctor Watson File. How do I get this driver to load? [n1]
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Postby Spock » Mon 2005 Jul 04 9:44

I am not sure you have given enough information for me to be able to help at this time. Dr Watson is a MS Windows Troubleshooting program that has nothing specific to do with and specific brand of hardware.

I would need to know:

1. the brand and model of the flash drive you are trying to get working,

2. the URL of the supplier,

3. the URL where you are trying to DL the driver, if different,

4. why the drivers didn't come with the hardware,

5. what OS you are using,

6. possibly other information as well after you've supplied the above.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Doc is Killin Me

Postby Lester » Tue 2005 Jul 05 1:52

This Dr. Watson is killing me. Yes Spock I am aware of these specs. but after the download the sign said; The file is damaged or is not a D W file. Can I just get rid of him for awhile? [:)]
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Postby Spock » Tue 2005 Jul 05 3:56

No, you cannot get rid od DrWatson, it is a part of windows.

Perhaps if you downloaded the file elsewhere and copied it to a floppy it would work. There is no way for me to know unless you give me more information.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Ben Last » Sat 2005 Jul 09 11:22

What make/model is your flash drive?
Which version of windows are you using?

As in your post you say 'PNY' which is the same make as my flash drive.
As far as I'm aware there is only one driver available, which covers all operating systems (you don't need driver for windows xp), although this isn't supplied with the device.

I believe the web site I was pointed to to get my driver from was http://www.pny-europe.com
Is this the site you downloaded your driver from? If not you could try this site.

If you keep having problems I could email your and attach a copy of the driver file I downloaded to see if you have better luck with that.

It almost sounds as if either the file is corrupted or the program you are using is causing an error (hence Dr. Watson), the other possibility is that the file is set to open with Dr Watson, which would give an error saying Dr Watson couldn't open the file, which sounds like the error you describe.

Good luck.
No trees were harmed in the construction of this message, however many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Ben Last
Consulting Ambassador
Consulting Ambassador

Return to General SW