install.log help

Discussions on Software that do not yet fit into any of the current Software fora.

Moderator: Software Moderators

install.log help

Postby Colonia » Tue 2006 Sep 19 11:57

I have problems unistalling some programs eveytime I try to, I get this message - could not open install.log-
what should i do to open it.
Colonia
Student Tech
Student Tech

Postby Krank » Thu 2006 Nov 02 4:54

It prob is not there anymore, and that ussually depends on how you uninstall, so we need some more info on what you do exactly when you uninstall something
How to make a Direct-X File

new system:
Gigabite p35 DS3R
Award software international, F11, 01-04-2008
Intel E8200 "wolfsdale" intel core duo
OCZ ddr2 pc2-6400 Gold kit, 4 gig.
maxtor hdd, 80 gig, ide
Peak Radeon HD 3850 512 mb pcie
Liteon dvd rom, ide
Fortron BlueStorm 500w
Windows xp pro sp2
Krank
Honored Achiever
Honored Achiever

Postby Spock » Thu 2006 Nov 02 5:24

Every time you install any program there is always some preferred way to remove it.

1. Most newer programs have an uninstall program that will remove everything for you.

2. If there is no uninstall program, the you should use the Add/Remove Software option in your Control Panel.

3. Some older programs make no registry entries nor do they modify any other part of your running software or OS. These programs may simply be deleted.

The problem comes in when uninformed users try to simply delete a program which falls under option 1 or 2. If you do that, you have removed most of the program but have left portions still in your system which can cause all sorts of problems.

If you have done this, the best thing I can suggest is to reinstall the program and then remove it the proper way.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to General SW