No Pool Table

Discussions on Software that do not yet fit into any of the current Software fora.

Moderator: Software Moderators

No Pool Table

Postby Lester » Wed 2007 Dec 12 10:22

Wanted to play pool on net but when I open the program a sign opens that says; The dll could not be found in the specified path. Any idea why or what to do? Stuck :hmm:
Help Stop Pollution and Waste
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Re: No Pool Table

Postby Spock » Wed 2007 Dec 12 11:31

1. What program?
  2. Does the dll have a name?
  3. Is this a program on your computer or one you're trying to play on the Internet?
  4. Where did you get this game?
  5. Do you own a copy?
  6. Add any additional information not specifically asked here that may help us to help you. ;)
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Lester » Thu 2007 Dec 13 6:24

Play 89 I assume is the name of the program. Got it from Play 89.com and downloaded it. Said; "It was successful". Do not have a copy. When I try to open it the sign reads; The dynamic link library d3d8.dll could not be found in the specified path C\:Program Files\Play 89\bin;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem
Would like to know why this happens and if anything can be done to fix it. :hmm:
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Postby Spock » Thu 2007 Dec 13 11:41

Lester wrote:... d3d8.dll ...

A quick google search on d3d8.dll yields the following web page as its first hit:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3d8

Further information here:
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/d3d8.asp

It would appear you do not have the very latest Microsoft direct 3D display program on your computer.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Lester » Fri 2007 Dec 14 9:08

Looks like you're correct. I downloaded the 1st one and it froze my mouse and comp. Tried it 3 times to make sure it wasn't me so I uninstalled it for good. Tried the 2nd one and after the scan they had a charge of $30. so wasn't worth it to me. We learned what the problem was and thats the main thing so I'll just go to Sharky's to play some pool. :) I'm happy comp works as well as it does. TY
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Return to General SW