MDI ext won't open?

Discussions on Software that do not yet fit into any of the current Software fora.

Moderator: Software Moderators

MDI ext won't open?

Postby Lester » Sat 2008 Apr 05 2:35

Maybe I need a review :doh: An attachment on E-mail is an mdi ext and it open's into gibberish. Can't understand it. Do I need to convert mdi to a pdf or do something else? If so how do I convert it? Sincerely
Help Stop Pollution and Waste
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Re: MDI ext won't open?

Postby Spock » Sat 2008 Apr 05 3:56

MDI is either Multiple Document Interface or Microsoft Document Imaging.

1. Do you know who the email is from?
  2. Were you expecting the email?
  3. Does it contain something you need?

If your answers are unclear on any of the above questions, I would delete the email with prejudice as it is probably a virus program.

If you have satisfactory answers to all the questions, the links I provided should give you an idea which program you need to open the document. your correspondent should also be able to tell you what program you need to open and view the document.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Lester » Sat 2008 Apr 12 8:17

Yes to all three questions. Still couldn't open without gibberish so I called Adobe in India. Found out .mdi will not open in Adobe 7 and 7 will open only pdf. I was happy to find that out. Thought I was doing something wrong. :ahh: I also found out Adobe 9 has not been launched yet he told me. I don't think I can get 8 since I have Win 2000 SP2 only. I assume this is the best I can do. He said; "I can't open .tiff either with 7". Thanks for the push :poke: I needed to get over the hump.
Help Stop Pollution and Waste
Lester
Plus Achiever
Plus Achiever

Postby Spock » Sat 2008 Apr 12 10:03

Have you talked to the person that sent you the file to find out which program created it and what to use to view it with? That would be the simplest solution.

If you cannot get or afford the program ask him/her to create a generic text version for you so you can open it in Notepad.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to General SW