Not very original

Please post here if you receive any contact you later find to be invalid. This forum is hidden to non-members but please do not include any of your own contact information!

Not very original

Postby Luke » Mon 2005 Apr 25 9:40

I received the following message:

Dear Fowler, I am sorry for whatever surprise this letter may cause you. However, I am writing to you with honesty and in absolute genuine intention. Iam Barrister Hassan Adams, an attorney to my client Mr. Nelson Fowler, who died in an auto accident here in 2001. My client was an expatriate (foreigner) who worked in the Oil and Gas industry as an Oil explorer. My purpose of writing to you is to seek your assistance and permission to present your name as the next of kin (Relation) to this late client who deposited the sum of US$12.5million in a bank here before his death in auto accident with his family. The bank where he deposited the U$12.5million has requested me as his attorney to forward to them the particulars and names of his next of kin for the release of the fund.I have made all efforts to locate any of his blood relations but this have been very difficult. To worsen the matter, non of his relatives has come forward to identify themself(s) as my late client's next of kin since his death. In view of this difficulties in locating my client's next of kin, rather than allowing his funds to be unjustly appropriated by the bank, I decided to write you to seek your assistance and permission to present your name as his next of kin to the bank to enable us retrieve the funds out of thebank. N:B It does not matter whether you are his biological blood relation or not. I will take care of this by processing required documents in your name to back-up the claims.I guarantee that the documents which I will process in your name as backup evidence for the claims will protect and clear you from any breach of the law here. As an attorney, all necessary and legitimate steps shall be taken by me to protect your name and to ensure that this transaction is conducted and executed legitimately without any trouble . For the transfer of the funds to be effected, we shall need a secure bankaccount anywhere in the world for the transfer in your favour.Once the transfer is effected into your account, you will take 45% of the fund while I will take 55%. Please if you are interested to assist me, you should reply me through my above email address. Yo can also contact me on my phone number 234-80-33688902. Please include your address and also your telephone number to enable me contact you for more discussion and further clarification. Once I receive your reply I shall proceed to process the necessary legal documents in your name for the transfer of the funds. It is envisaged that this transaction will be concluded within 8 working days upon the receipt of your response to assist me. May God be with you. Yours sincerely, Barrister Hassan Adams (Attorney-at-Law)

from hadams _61@ yahoo .com <= warning this link is active [Not any more - Spock]

A simple search for Hassan Adams + Barrister gave several results of people receiving an identical email, except the name of the deceased client was given as Mr. Nelson, and the letter addressed "Dear Sir". In the case of the email I received, it seemed that either a bot or person had taken my name from my msn profile, inserted it in the email and used the "Invite this person to use messenger" feature to send this. If anyone receives a message in this format do not reply the sender will not have your email address unless you reply.

Added: The email addresses in the other instances are all different
Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Luke
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Icy » Mon 2005 Apr 25 1:00

The topics in this thread should prove to be valuable. Thanks for the info.
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Spock » Mon 2005 Apr 25 1:09

Luke:
Have you contacted yahoo or your ISP with the original email attached? They may be able to catch those responsible.

Try sending to "abuse@" followed by either yahoo.com and/or your ISP site name.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Scams, phishing, and other malicious acts