HJB PowerWashing

Feel free to list your own site here and elicit feedback for site improvement. One topic per user, please.

Postby BTuckerx2 » Fri 2005 Aug 12 8:58

Well, I would love to take the credit for making this website however, I give credit when it is do. Before this came into reality I did a small scale "free website" offered by Comcast Cable. Most of the text was already HTML encoded... It made it very easy for the developer to just cut and paste the text into columns... I plan on adding a shopping cart in the future... The same company that made the website also hosts it.

This is our family business consisting of my Father, Brother and well, me and if you didn't know... I'm the "B" in HJB...
http://www.hjbpowerwashing.com
It is easier to mend children than fix broken men...
BTuckerx2
Posting Member
Posting Member

Postby Spock » Fri 2005 Aug 12 9:36

Just went to take a look.

I do not have the latest version of Macro Media installed, so all I get in one area is a large blue-grey background with a little square in the upper left corner containing a red "X". [:?] I was able to see it on another system after being forced to install the update.

While it can be very enticing to add moving pictures to a website, I find it initially distracting and, after a short time, annoying and distracting. I tend to avoid sites with pictures I cannot stop.

Perhaps if you had a single, still picture of one of your before and after examples I would find the site easier to visit. You could even add a link to allow your visitors to click on the link to see additional examples.

Please don't forget that many of your possible customers may be on dialup connections. Anything that makes your website slower to load is likely to cause potential customers to leave without seeing what you have to offer. Large pictures, a lot of pictures, or moving pictures tend to make the amount of data to be transfered large enough to slow the loading of a site, especially when using dialup.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Icy » Sat 2005 Aug 13 3:04

I'm impressed with your website. I'm on cable internet so it loaded fast for me. I like the changing picture at the top of the site because it shows good examples of what you do. I went into most of the links, everything is working fine for me. I like all the detail on the site, especially the price quote link. Nice work.
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

HJB Website

Postby Saber » Tue 2005 Aug 16 6:54

btuckerx2, I found it to be a really well done and professional looking site. If I hear of anyone who needs your services I'll let 'em know.
Seeker of Wisdom & Computer Knowledge :hypno:
Saber
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Return to Website Advertising