Baen Free Library

Read a good book lately? Want to tell someone about it? Tell us about it here!

Baen Free Library

Postby Spock » Mon 2007 Nov 26 11:58

Ref: Baen Free Library

I you like reading books and would like to sample some complete books for free, this is one of the places you should visit. Personally, I like to hold a book and turn its pages as I read, so I will probably end up purchasing many of the "free" books I acquire from this library ... I guess it must be doing its job then. ;)

From their library page:
Baen Books is now making available — for free — a number of its titles in electronic format. We're calling it the Baen Free Library. Anyone who wishes can read these titles online — no conditions, no strings attached. (Later we may ask for an extremely simple, name & email only, registration. ) Or, if you prefer, you can download the books in one of several formats. Again, with no conditions or strings attached. (URLs to sites which offer the readers for these format are also listed. )

[Added]
Some additional information has been added by a member of the forum there:
Pogo wrote:Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:24:01 -0500

One thing you didn't mention: not all the books there are from Baen. It's the authors who decide if their books can be up free, and some of the books included were published by other publishers.

Pogo
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Books