Dune

Want to talk about a great movie you just watched? Want to make a recommendation for your favorite movie -- old or new? Do that here!

Dune

Postby Luke » Mon 2006 Jun 12 1:51

I finally saw this film as it came free with my housemates newspaper one sunday :oops: . I'd played the game before and read the book, but I have to say this was the weirdest film I have ever seen. I don't think it should be dismissed as "sci-fi" nonsense, its interest lies mainly in its character development I would say. It also has a rather serene atmosphere, similar to 2001:A space odessy at times, but more psychedelic. Without spoiling the plot, I will say the effects are dated to the point of humour though, so if you want a good laugh, you can see a fat man fly screaming into the mouth of a giant worm puppet... well... I said it was a weird film...

Edited because of terrible, unforgivable errors grammatical
Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Luke
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Spock » Mon 2006 Jun 12 9:32

I've read all the books, bought all the books, seen the movie, didn't think it was close enough to the books to bother buying it. Most movies based on books are like that for me. If I really enjoy the book, I usually find that the movie doesn't come anywhere close to matching it. :?
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby cmptch » Tue 2006 Jun 13 7:30

Spock wrote:I've read all the books, bought all the books, seen the movie, didn't think it was close enough to the books to bother buying it. Most movies based on books are like that for me. If I really enjoy the book, I usually find that the movie doesn't come anywhere close to matching it. :?

I'm debating on tracking down a copy of the movie "Catch 22" although I've been told that I'd be better of not too.

The newer version of Dune is "better", in my opinion.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby punkin8tor » Thu 2006 Jun 15 7:43

I haven't seen the newer version of Dune yet. I have to admit I really enjoy the older version... Sting had an interesting part!
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I'm not so sure about the former." Albert Einstein.
punkin8tor
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Spock » Thu 2006 Jun 15 9:29

punkin8or wrote:... Sting had an interesting part!

Didn't he also play one of the Hobbitts swords in the Lord of the Rings? }:->
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Uhura » Fri 2006 Aug 11 6:52

Didn't he also play one of the Hobbitts swords in the Lord of the Rings?

so funny... I'd love to see the new version of Dune also... Maybe we can have a Dungeons & Dunes night... :lol:
Sometimes you feel like a nut
Uhura
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Movies