Suggestion for Troubleshooting posts procedures:

An area to post about any hardware problems you have questions about.

Moderator: Hardware Moderators

Suggestion for Troubleshooting posts procedures:

Postby Spock » Mon 2006 Jun 19 9:09

Hopefully, since this is the Hardware Troubleshooting forum, we will get a lot of different posts here. I would like to kinda-sorta set the standard for others to try to follow. It may help you to get help a little quicker.

1) Make the title of your post the make and model of your computer. If your make and model exists already, please post there and don't start a new topic,

2) Try to place as much information relating to the hardware problem as you can in a single post. Make sure you use plenty of white space, if the text is long, so it is easy to follow,

3) Since there may be many people posting about different problems in the same topic, it would probably be a good idea for those answering to refer to the person they are trying to help by username rather than just start posting and hope everyone will know who you are talking to.

I have worked in some fairly large online projects and have found that if the above procedure is followed as much as possible things go fairly smoothly. I have had no trouble following a thread of conversation through a single topic with litterally hundreds of posts in it.

Most importantly, this will keep similar problems in the same area, so those looking for help in that area should be able to find answers better. ^_^
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to HW Troubleshooting