Printer not communicating

An area to post about any hardware problems you have questions about.

Moderator: Hardware Moderators

Printer not communicating

Postby Kokomo » Thu 2008 May 15 2:27

Help, :pcbang:

My printer is not printing nor communicating, I have disconnected usb cables, rebooted computer, still not working, chuck told me to uninstall spooler then uninstall driver. I found driver can't seem to locate spooler. need step by step instructions to put printer back online. been trying to fix on my own think I just made things worst. If someone can help me please log on with me.
Kokomo

Re: Printer not communicating

Postby Spock » Thu 2008 May 15 2:54

To uninstall the spooler so it forgets anything it's trying to print. all you need do is:
  1. Open your Task Manager (3-finger salute and select Task Manager),
  2. Click on the "Image Name" header so all running processes are listed in alphabetical order,
  3. Find "spoolsv.exe" and select it, and
  4. Click on the "End Process" button at the bottom right.

Once you've stopped the spool service (spoolsv.exe) shut down bot computer and printer, wait 3000 computer years or until you hear the harddrive stop turning, and turn your printer and computer back on.

Since you have uninstalled the printers drivers, you will have to reinstall them. If you don't have a CD with drivers on them, you may have to download them from the Internet. Sometimes drivers for older printers are included with Windows, so you may get lucky.

Please reply to let us all know how you've made out.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to HW Troubleshooting