PCTalk's Sacred 2 Fan Site Information page.
Sacred 2 Gameplay & Features
The fast 3-D action, a multitude of effects, realistic physical features and beautiful animations of the intricate HiRes models create a huge, realistic game world, which does not require any reloading.
An innovative emotional system and the depiction of an authentic world give life to both friend and foe. A further striking component of the graphic presentation is the unique Gore Feedback, which displays the strength and power of the player's own game character.
"Sacred 2" is the superb 3D enhancement of the original Sacred and provides more action, more monsters, more scenes, more weapons and combos, and feedback for even more fun.
I found the official System Specifications at Wolfes-Lair. She graciously allowed me to copy them here..
Release Date: September 2008
Genre: Action Role-Playing Game (ARPG)
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Developer: Ascaron Entertainment
* Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel is an Action RPG that combines compelling story and free-roaming gameplay in a huge, seamless world.
* The world is filled with numerous enemies, main quests and side quests.
* As in Diablo and Sacred, enemies appear in huge numbers creating large scale battle scenarios.
* Compared to other Action RPGs, Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel focuses on hunting and collecting unique items.
* Character leveling, as well as collecting and accumulating combat art skills, incentives gamers to continue playing.
* Huge, seamless world without loading between level borders
* Two campaigns: 'Light' and 'Shadow'
* Six unique characters
* Modifiable combat arts: The player will be able to modify any combat art during the development of his character
* Unrestricted mounted battle: Each character will be able to ride various mounts and engage in melee and ranged combat without any restrictions
* Sacred 2 offers six different gods: the player will be able to choose one of these deities. Each god will provide the player with a specific, powerful combat art
* Sacred 2 features rag doll physics and other special effects
* The game offers a complex emotion system that combines model animations and facial expressions
* Real-world simulation: The simulated world of Sacred 2 is controlled by a macro AI that analyzes the current game situation to determine world behavior
* New multi-player arena-mode: Fight against other players or specific enemies in the arena to ascend the leaderboard
* Customized characters can be used in all game modes. For example, a player can start a story campaign, then join a free roaming multiplayer session, and return to continue the story afterwards
o Customizable characters with a variety of hairstyles, skins and accessories to choose from
o Mercenaries can be hired in addition to the minions acquired via quest completion
o Real world atmosphere created through NPC conversations and more
o Numerous Easter eggs
o Vast new game world
|Additional Xbox only Highlights
* Two players on one Xbox 360 can play cooperatively. This can be combined with LAN or Live sessions
* Full support of Xbox Live, leaderboard and achievements. There will be one leaderboard for each game mode.
* Intelligent hero facing adjustment in combat.
* Console-optimized interface design and navigation.
|Strong Multiplayer Focus
» Various multiplayer modes: story, free PvE arena, PvP arena, hardcore
» 3D Lobbyworld, buddy support and matchmaking
» Best Weapon/Best Armor/online Ranking Lists
» Ability to trade items and gold via Lobbyworld
» Downloadable items
» Various multiplayer modes through Xbox Live Gold account: story, free roaming, arena, PvP arena, hardcore
» Xbox Live Lobby, buddy support and matchmaking
» Best Weapon/Best Armor/online Ranking Lists
» Ability to trade items and gold via Xbox Live
» option for downloadable items - potential storage via memory card
|PC Game Modes
- Campaign Mode:
Up to six players may join to play the campaign. The players will be automatically placed into a party; the host will administer the save game.
- Free Mode:
A set number of players may play on one server. They will have the following options:
* Free play (PvE) with up to 16 players
* Player vs. Player (PvP) in groups up to five players
Players can choose from unlimited (regular) or limited (hardcore) lives for their characters
- Single Player:
Player fights on his own, but will be able to hire AI-controlled mercenaries
The number of players who will be able to play simultaneously in a LAN session typically depends on the capacity of the local server
All multiplayer options will be available. There will be an additional campaign mode for up to four players.
Generally, the session server for a LAN game will have to register at the internet lobby before starting the game.
- open Games:
online games that are connected via the lobby, but they take place outside of the closed Ascaron Net
- Closed Games:
online game that are connected via the lobby and take place inside of the closed Ascaron Net
- Lobby World:
In this area, online players can meet each other, chat, trade, and arrange their Sacred 2 multiplayer sessions
|Xbox Game Modes
Player plays solo, following the storyline. He can hire AI-controlled mercenaries.
Single-Player Free Mode:
Unlimited gameplay without storyline.
Invite up to three other players to join in your campaign.
Multiplayer Free PVE:
Unlimited game to gain experience for four players versus AI enemies.
Fight against specific groups of enemies in an enclosed arena to ascend the PVP leaderboard.
Fight against another player in an enclosed arena to ascend the PVP leaderboard.
Two users on one Xbox 360 can play together. This mode can be combined with all other modes described above.
|Six Unique Characters
» Each with distinct gameplay style
» Specific character attributes: aspects, magic, skills & abilities
» Special mounts for each character
» Further specializations within each character class
|TECH SPECS PC VERSIoN
Minimum Specs planned:
* 1.6 GHz P4
* 512 MB Ram
* GForce 4 - Min. 128 MB
* 4 GB free on Disk
* 2.4 GHz Conroe Duo / 3.6GHz P4D
* 2GB Ram
* GForce 7800GS
* 12 GB free on Disk
* Vista compliant, additional features planned
|TECHNICAL FEATURES XBoX VERSIoN
* PAL/NTSC and HDTV 19:9 with 1280x720 pixels and full-screen anti-aliasing.
* DVD-streaming / optional HDD-streaming to provide large seamless world (25 square miles + dungeons). Users can walk around for hours without loading delays.
* 11 different world regions / texture sets.
* Constant frame rate (min. 30fps throughout the whole game).
* Dolby Digital 5.1 sound support.
Graphic Engine Details:
* Real-time shadows.
* Dynamic light source.
* Fluid simulation (particle flow).
* Cloth simulation.
* Shader 3.0 support.
* Fully animated vegetation.
Game engine supports full multi-threading usage of the three Xbox 360 processors.
* Thread 1: Main thread (DirectX core, logic)
* Thread 2: Fluid simulation (particle flow)
* Thread 3: Physics and cloth animation
* Thread 4: AI, DVD Streaming
* Thread 5: Sound mixing and music streaming
* Thread 6: Network
* Angeia Physics
* Miles Sound System
T Energy has been flowing through Ancaria since time immemorial. This mysterious power forms the beginning of all life, is the source of all magic and the origin of all thought.
For a long time it was the angelic Seraphim who watched over the T Energy and therefore over the fate of the entire world. They passed their knowledge on to the High Elves, so that they could benefit from T Energy. T Energy helped the realm of the High Elves to experience an incomparable boost of prosperity, making it the reigning culture in Ancaria.
A force which contains the enormous power of T Energy carries great dangers. The children of Ancaria were not taught how to deal with this.
Soon there was a heated dispute among the High Elves as to how and to what means the T Energy was to be used. Every party wanted to use the power. The dispute changed to irresolvable conflict, causing a rift between the High Elves. A terrible Civil War raged among the High Elves, resulting in all participants becoming losers. Their realm collapsed and with it the entire power structure.
other peoples surged forward to pressure Ancaria and were ready to seize the power for themselves in order to take the place of the High Elves. Dispute covered the entire realm. Apart from the devastation of war, a further calamity intruded into Ancaria. The T Energy went out of control!
The once creative power of the T Energy now changed into something negative. Creatures and animals mutated beyond recognition, entire regions became un-inhabitable, cities and villages were destroyed.
The nobility as well as the clerical caste of the High Elves struggled to seize power over the high-elvish imperium, so that they alone might hold the T Power in their rule. The land once more faced with war; a war that was much larger, and more far reaching consequences than all previous wars and battles.
Two thousand years before Shaddar the cry for heroes arises to avert this war and to regain control over the T Energy. Those heroes, who strive to prevent the world lapsing into final chaos, or those who deepen it?
The Story 2
For aeons, The Creator has been designing worlds. He populated each of these worlds with an intelligent race to ensure He would be worshipped. Since the beginning of time, the Seraphim and their leaders - the Archangels - have been by his side to assist him. And thus the cycle remained in harmony, until the Archangels took it upon themselves to forge their own world. They siphoned the ethereal creative energy without their Creator's knowledge and used it to forge their own planetary creation, placing several intelligent races upon it. Each of these races were given the freedom to pursue their own goals. The Archangels named this world Ancaria.
It was not before long that The Creator became aware of their doings. However, instead of destroying Ancaria he chose to banish the Seraphim to this world and ordered them to protect it. He would only set foot on Ancaria if and when the Seraphim were able to unite all races. Alas, this was not to happen. The High Elves, the preferred race of the Seraphim, took advantage of the creative energy instilled within the very essence of the world. During the following years the Elven hierarchy crafted an environment for themselves in which they were unconditionally regarded as supreme rulers. Still, even amongst the High Elves this plan was subject to controversy.
A devastating civil war ensued, with many deaths and horrific losses. The Seraphim suffered tremendously, losing many of their kind during the bloodshed. When the war came to an end, the High Elves segregated into several tribes. Some steadfastly refused to harness the creative energy and turned to nature as a new way of life. Those High Elves advocating the use of creative energy divided into two factions: The first strived to return the world and its races back to its former glory, with the second - a largely religious group - intending to use the creative energy to spread a `cleansing' fire over Ancaria, determined to emerge as leaders when the fire has fulfilled its purpose. Another civil war looms impatiently on the ever-darkening horizon...
Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel takes place 2.000 years before Sacred / Sacred Underworld and leads the player into a world where the creative energy is still active. Many familiar events have not yet taken place and thus, the Humans are still predominantly servants or slaves of the High Elves. The Dwarves still enjoy their somewhat distanced existence, and the world is full of differences to the days and events that will occur in Sacred and Sacred Underworld.
Furthermore, two completely different routes to follow the story and to actively influence the world of Ancaria have been implemented. Characters may decide whether to follow the path of Light or the path of Shadow. Both sides are equally strong and they regard the world from alternative perspectives with opposing aims and quests. However, the Seraphim and her counterpart, the Inquisitor, are both fixed in their allegiance and cannot choose their paths as their basic alignment is always good and evil respectively. Thus, they will continue to fight according to their pre-determined heritage.
Players may choose their character class and, if selecting one of the Shadow Warrior, High Elf Adept, Dryad or Temple Guardian classes, the decision of whether to follow the Light or the Shadow becomes a choice of the player. The storyline of both sides will overlap at times: Quest givers and allies of one side may be targets or opponents on the other side. The non-player characters will also react accordingly and act depending on their alignment.
The individualization of the characters - especially in the multiplayer games - will increase the aspect of roleplaying. Players decide the development of their character; whether their preference lies with playing alone or in a group in order to gain experience, or perhaps the ultimate objective is to seek the challenge of fighting against other players. Even avatars of the same character class will vary greatly in appearance, alignment and abilities, depending on the individual preferences of the players. Sacred is not all change though - it remains true to itself and offers full single player and an enhanced multiplayer mode with the popular addictive gameplay style that remains rooted at the very core of the action.
Just like the character classes, the eleven regions that can be explored in Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel boast individual designs. The High Elf regions outside of their cities have individual characteristics just like the home regions of the Seraphim or those of the orcs. Flora, fauna and architecture have been adapted according to race, social status and technological development.
Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel is a living, breathing fantasy world and is the perfect setting for Action RPG heroes to carve their own legends.
- home to the Sacred International Forum (SIF).
- new home to the up and coming Ascaron game, Sacred 2.
- For all that is Sacred ...
- Home for Sacred and Sacred 2 information. This site was due to be lost to us but has since been uploaded to reside under the Sacred 2 Allies host until Pevil can find a new home for it.